Sunday 22 November 2020

A bauble and a blanket

 

The weather up here hasn't been great, lots of rain and gales, so I've been spending a lot of time listening to the radio and watching (well, I say watching but it's more like listening if I'm honest 😄) TV whilst I've been working on my crochet projects.


I bought some polystyrene balls to make crochet baubles and when I told Beverly she took the mickey out of my latest purchase.....until she heard the word "baubles" and promptly asked if I would make her a Christmas pudding one!  I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out and as seems to be usual lately, it's a mix 'n' match effort using a couple of different patterns


I used a Christmas bauble pattern from Deramores to give me an idea of the stitch increases for the pudding lower half and the brandy sauce top half.  I also used parts of the Christmas Pudding pattern from PlanetJune to make the brandy sauce "drips", along with the holly berries and leaves.  I'll be honest and say that I did struggle a little with the berries in particular, so may try to devise a method of making them myself next time.  I finished off with a hanging loop simply made from a length of about 30 chain stitches.


Ta daa!  The Christmas Gift Blanket is finished!  I'm so pleased with how this has turned out, I think the two colours look very pretty together.  As the yarn is Aran-weight the blanket is very cosy ~ it certainly kept me warm whilst I was making it LOL  So that's a little more of the stash used up.....

I'm going to make a start on the pouffe cover my Mum has asked me to make next, and my sister has asked if I could crochet an elephant for a charity event she is involved with, so watch this space for more stash-busting projects 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment