Friday 13 November 2020

Houseplant inventory: November 2020

I thought I'd share a few more catch-up photos of my other houseplants so you can see how well ~ or otherwise! ~ they are doing.  Actually, to be fair to myself, they are mostly coming along very nicely since the mammoth repotting session.  Mind you, if they were doing any worse then quite frankly most of 'em would be dead 😮


The kalanchoe blossfeldiana cuttings are still straightening themselves up.  They've lost a few of their lower leaves but there are new shoots coming through.


I've done a little bit of research and the shape of the leaves would suggest that this is schlumbergera truncata.  They are also known as Thanksgiving Cactus which, as the name would suggest, usually sees them bloom in late autumn ~ so I'm not too sure what prompted this one to flower back in June this year!  Anyhoo, regardless of it's earlier floral display, the little chap is producing buds again now...  


...as are these cuttings!  An "arm" got knocked off the coffee table schlumbegera, so I divided it into three sections and stuffed them into a little pot of compost.


The pothos is still looking a tad worse-for wear, in fact I don't think it's looking as good as it did in the last photo I shared with you!  I'm still hoping for the best even though I'm rather expecting the worst! 


The  alworthia Black Gem seems to be doing okay if all those little "pups" are anything to go by.  I keep removing the crispy, dead, leaves but despite their appearance some of them are reluctant to be pulled off!  I don't want to damage the plant so I'll just have to put up with it looking a tad scruffy around the edges 😉


The euphorbia Madagascar Jewel has lost a few more leaves since the last photo but is nevertheless making a valiant effort to rally round. 


Sanseveria Mini is looking fine...


...as is his pal ~ who at this point still looks very much as if he too is Sanseveria Mini.  If so, I still have absolutely no idea why I would have bought two of the same plants 😄


Three of the four aeonium domesticum cuttings are thriving but the chap near the label looks a wee bit poorly.  I'll let them get a bit bigger before I think about repotting them into their own pots.


The mystery crassula (possibly Ripple Jade) is thriving since being repotted and having that radical trim.  I may take some cuttings next spring, all being well.

And finally here's my lovely variegated rubber plant (possibly ficus elastica Tineke), who has put out another couple of those gorgeous leaves since the last photo ~ and has yet another one coming through, too.  I know I really shouldn't have favourites but have to confess that this chap is most definitely in that select little group 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment