Monday 30 November 2020

But will it fit??


To be honest, in my mind most things come before housework ~ alphabetically or not 😉


You may recall me mentioning that my Mum had asked if I could make a cover for her favourite (and, by all accounts, very useful) pouffe ~ well, here is the finished article.  I used odds and ends that I hadn't earmarked for other projects, in colours that she requested, mostly Stylecraft Special DK and Scheepjes Colour Crafter which is also double-knit.  They are two of my favourite yarns; they are both soft and durable, and wash really well.  The dark pink is Robin double-knit (although for some reason it seems to work up more thickly than the other yarns) that I've had for a very long time.  It doesn't feel as nice as the Stylecraft and Scheepjes but is fine in a project like this, plus it's an ideal way to use it up. 


The cover looks a bit odd being demonstrated pulled over a wastebasket but it was the closest thing I had to the size of Mum's pouffe 😄  Hopefully my Dad will send me a photo in due course!  

The pattern I used was version two of the Circular Stool Covers from Granny Squares by Susan Pinner.  I had to add a few more rounds to get the size I needed, then I just continued without increasing to make the sides.  Fingers crossed that the thing fits 😮


No comments:

Post a Comment