Thursday 23 July 2020

Ooooh, I won a prize!


Every so often, I have a little browse in a lovely miniature art store on Etsy: Art In Wax.  The owner and artist, Hazel, is equally as lovely as the encaustic wax art that she creates.  It seems that whenever I pop by "just to have a look" I always end up tempted by one of her creations, and on my most recent visit I was tempted by the gorgeous Bluebell painting above.   


You can imagine how excited I was when Hazel contacted me to say that my Bluebell purchase was her 2,000 sale and I was to choose anything in her store that I liked as a gift to mark the occasion ~ how lovely was that, eh!  I chose this gorgeous Modern Poppies picture.


And not only that, Hazel also included a surprise painting!  So now I have three more pieces of her lovely artwork to add to my collection 😊

I seriously lost my dolls' house mojo over this past year or so, but I'm happy to report that I'm feeling the love again ~ hence my visit to Hazel's store in the first place LOL  I don't expect to be beavering away in my craft room just yet as there is still so much work to be done out in the garden.  But non-gardening weather will be upon us again at some point which will be the ideal time to get back to building Groatie Bay.  It'll be good to get at least some of those dolls' house ideas out of my head and into reality as it's getting rather crowded in there! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sharon. I’m really pleased you like your paintings and look forward to seeing photographs of them in the new home in the future.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to keep you up-to-date with progress on Groatie Bay!

    ReplyDelete