Friday 31 July 2020

Not just gardening

Although lockdown has mostly been spent creating the new kitchen garden, I have done one or two other things as well.


Back in February I shared photos of our finally-finished downstairs bathroom and utility.  I've since done a little more "tweaking" in there, adding a few more of our picture collection.  I think I will keep an eye open for a little something to hang beneath the print beside the washboard as the space looks a wee bit empty.


I rearranged some of the pictures in the bathroom.  I like being able to hang them from the picture rail.


These are watercolours of the sea at Birsay by Timothy Gent.


I love seahorses!  This is actually a card that I framed.  In recent years we have been framing our paintings and prints ourselves, buying everything we need from EasyFrame.


Awww, our lovely boy 💖  He kept me company whilst I was taking the photos.  He liked to look out of the window and watch the world go by 😊


We still miss him 💔


Lovely Chris and his daughter popped by after Matty died with this beautiful bunch of roses; Roxie made us a very sweet card, too.


Our dear friend, Phil, also brought flowers.  They were so pretty and lasted for a good long while 😊


Lovely tulips that Beverly sent me for Mother's Day...



...and the even lovelier bouquet she sent for my birthday last month.



The whole bouquet lasted well, but these chrysanthemums (I think that's what they were) just kept going on and on ~ nearly a month, all told!  I cut back the escalonia in the front garden, so added some of the stems for a touch of greenery.



Adrian became desperate for a haircut, so he bought some clippers and let me loose on his silver locks 😵



Actually, I was a little nervous to be honest ~ what if I slipped and scalped him!



In the end, I was quite pleased with my efforts ~ not too bad for a first-timer, even if the style ended up looking a little severe LOL  He was really happy, though, so that's the main thing eh.  I shall probably have to do it again soon as he doesn't really want to venture to the hairdressers just yet.


And look at that!  My christmas?? easter?? cactus decided to bloom out-of-the-blue in June!  It's never done that before but it did look lovely so I'm definitely not complaining 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment