Saturday 18 July 2020

From froggies...

...to feathered friends 😊

During lockdown, Adrian and I have been working really hard making a kitchen garden in one half of the front garden ~ more to come on that in future blog posts!


Whilst we've been beavering away out there, we've really noticed the birds.....


especially Mr Blackbird here!


 Over these last few months he has become very bold.....


and now comes almost within touching-distance, which is just lovely.


Earlier in the year he was extremely busy, hunting out lots of tasty insects for his family.  


I think his nest was in a shrub in our neighbour's front garden.


I hadn't realised that there were so many different insects in our garden!


He did take some time out, though, just to enjoy the sunshine on his back.


He actually sat here for quite some time, soaking up the rays and singing.


Mrs Blackbird is much less outgoing, and not so easy to photograph ~ this is the best picture I've managed to get!  They both seem to like kicking the bark chips from my borders all over what will in due course be a stone chippings path ~ which is a tad annoying if I'm honest.


Still, he is such a handsome fellow that I just can't stay annoyed for long 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment