Tuesday 4 August 2020

Craft room close-ups

Following on from my rearrangement of the craft room post the other day, I thought that I'd share a few close ups of my little treasures 😊


It seems that there are a lot of folk who don't like dolls (I know this is a fact but I really don't understand it πŸ˜„) but I love my little collection.  These baby dolls are all vintage Rosebud dolls.  I used to have a very much larger collection of all kinds of dolls but before we moved up here, I decided that it would be best to downsize somewhat.  My very first baby doll, Jane (who I've had since I was two years old), is a Rosebud so I have a soft spot for the make ~ she lives in Adrian and my bedroom, along with two teddies I've had since I was a baby.  These little ladies could all do with a spot of pampering in the dolly beauty salon ~ something to do in the bad weather 😊



These three in the bottom right-hand corner of the photo aren't Rosebuds, but I'm rather fond of them so they survived the cull!



Mexican Mama and her baby now sit beneath my mother-in-law's old Singer sewing-machine table.



The plushies just about fitted on this little wall-shelf.  The china houses were given by KLM Airlines to their business class passengers, apparently filled with Dutch gin.  I adore blue and white china (sadly, another of my collections that was downsized before we moved) and regularly used to browse Ebay to see if anything caught my eye.  As you can imagine, these most definitely did!  After all, what's not to love: not only a miniature house, but also a Delft blue miniature house πŸ˜‰  


The view out of the side window isn't particularly inspiring at the moment, but the sun pours in which is rather lovely.  The wooden Orkney Islands mobile gently sways in the warmth coming through the window.


A better view of the mobile, and some of my eclectic treasures on the shelf above.  The felted ball tree is actually meant to be a Christmas decoration but it's too pretty to only come out once a year.   


And lastly, the Frog Prince showing off his solar-powered glow-in-the-dark eyes ~ just goes to show how much sunshine comes through the window.  I really must get round to making him the crown I promised last year πŸ˜„

No comments:

Post a Comment