Tuesday 18 August 2020

A little walk

Adrian and I have re-started our little walks again now that we aren't so busy in the garden.  I'm terribly unfit (and being so overweight doesn't help) but prior to the big lockdown project I had gradually been able to go a little further every day.  Once we started on the kitchen garden project though I was just too exhausted to get out for a walk.  Of course, I am now back to square one with the distance I can cover but at least I'm getting out there again ~ even if I'm finding it somewhat knackering at the moment!


I remembered to take my camera with me yesterday.  It was very overcast so the few photos I took aren't that great.  This is a view over the harbour, with the Hills of Hoy in the distance, just a short stroll from our house.


Stromness War Memorial.  The figure represents either a grieving widow or mother (I've seen her described in both ways) holding a wreath

Self-explanatory, really LOL.  The stonework is rather lovely.

This is as far as I could manage yesterday, just a little way on from the "welcome to Stromness" sign.  I went a little further today, though 😊

I took a photo from a different angle on the walk back home ~ it's a better view of the lady from here.

 
And here we are, back home once more.  I didn't bother taking my camera today as I knew I wouldn't be going much further along than yesterday.  Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm able to get right down into the town (and beyond!), taking photos like a tourist 😉  

No comments:

Post a Comment