Tuesday 28 May 2019

Doing a whole lot of nothing


I hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend.  Weather wasn't brilliant in this neck of the woods so we didn't do anything outside, in fact we didn't really do anything anywhere LOL  Well, that's not strictly true as Adrian went to a few music events (it was the Orkney Folk Festival weekend).  I mostly sat around reading houseplant books ~ oh yes, folks, houseplants are another little obsession of mine that I will share with you soon 😉  Bet you can't wait!

I think it's good to try finding at least a little time to do a whole-lot-of-nothing, though.  We seem to think that we must fill our days with doing stuff, being productive, but to my mind there's nowt wrong with taking time out occasionally to just be with our own selves and let the world drift on by.  It's not selfish, nor is it anti-social.  Personally I think it's essential just to think of ourselves from time-to-time.  After all, "we" are the only person we will ever be with constantly from conception-to-grave so let's try to make time to keep in touch with ourselves!  

No comments:

Post a Comment