Saturday 11 May 2019

Bye bye daffodils.....



 hello bluebells.....



pink bells, 


and white bells too!


I suspect that what we have in our garden are most likely Spanish bluebells, rather than the native British variety.  Whichever species they are, the bumblebees have been loving them ~ whilst working in the garden I have been constantly serenaded by their very loud buzzing!  I'm sure that the blubell display this year is much larger than last year's.  I expect this is for the same reason that the daffodils have put on such a fab display this year, i.e. the rosa rugosas have been moved giving the bulbs much more access to light and nutrition.  


Another spring favourite of mine are primroses, and I moved three little clumps from another part of the garden earlier this spring.  All three clumps are thriving and have been flowering their little hearts out.  They are just so lovely with their cheerful little flowers!



The daffodil family haven't completely finished flowering, though.  There are clumps of these gorgeous narcissus opening now.  I think they may be Pheasant Eye but I don't know for sure.  They are very pretty, whatever variety they are, and have a lovely scent.

My word, I do so love the spring 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment