Monday 13 May 2019

Quarts into pint pots ~ part 2

Well, I promised to share more photos of my wonderful new craft shed and here they are ~ and yes, I did manage to squeeze in all my gubbins!


One of the new flat-pack bookcases has arrived and is now filled with my crochet and knitting books ~ actually, most of them are crochet books LOL  I still have a pile of books on the desk waiting for the other bookcase to arrive, hopefully before the end of this coming week.


Jolly Molly (aka "JM") lives on the top of the bookcase near the door.  She has a great vantage point and keeps watch over the whole of the shed.  For some reason, most folk are really freaked out by Miss JM but I think she is lovely!  Granted, her make-up is a bit dodgy and she is totally bald beneath her snazzy hat but I still love her 😊


My little collection of plushies (made by Pam Smallcomb, aka Yoborobo) have their new home in the tiered hanging-basket.  I love Pam's creations!


Here we have Ludmilla (in the orange hat) and Janice...


Lillian and Rosemary...


Genevieve and Kitty...


Kitty and Tania.


I did a white line printing workshop a few years back with Jeanne from Artworks of the Earth ~ I expect I will eventually get round to framing my masterpiece!  I really enjoyed the printing and will definitely be trying it again now that I have somewhere to work.


You may by now have guessed that I like unusual (especially vintage) dolls 😉


This little lady lived in the kitchen in our old house, hanging from a cupboard.  I thought that she might appreciate having a chair to sit on to take the weight off her strings!  I have no idea where she is supposed to hail from, somewhere in South America I guess.  I have always called her Mexican Mama but decided it would be polite to give her and the baby "proper" names at last, so say hello to Mariana and Mateo.


Tiki was a gift from Adrian many years ago, when we both still worked at Marylebone in London.



Ah, my beloved Ethel~Maud!  She is named after my two grandmothers and I have had her a number of years now.  She is a Norah Wellings doll, made sometime during the 1940s/1950s ~ possibly one of the Islander Doll collection.  She has obviously been well played with in the past but I have tidied her up the best I can.  She is one of my favourite dolls 😍

She is pictured here with Misty and Bridget, both of whom need a little attention.  Poor little Misty needs a new pair of arms ~ methinks pipe cleaners will make an admirable pair.  Bridget, meanwhile, could really use some clothes!


My desk still has piles of books on it but hopefully that second bookcase will be here soon.


I've got the beginnings of a little Frida Kahlo corner above the desk!  The badge (on the length of ribbon), pill-box and calender were gifts from Beverly.  The Frida plushie is another of Pam's creations, and I bought the cactus before we moved up here.


I believe this was possibly a printer's tray in another life; I'm going to make it into a pinboard.  It's not actually wonky on the wall, by the way ~ it's just the way I managed to take the photo!

 

I thought it would be nice to have some living greenery in here, so have relocated some of my houseplants.  Do you know, the temperature got up to 22°C in the shed today!


My "dirty" bench is all set to start working on ~ and look, there's my first project ready and waiting 😊


The shelves above the windows are leftover pieces of wood from the garden.  They are rough-sawn timber so will need a fair bit of sanding methinks before I paint them.


There are the other two plants, LJ (Little Jade) and MIT (Mother-in-Law's Tongue) ~ BJ (Big Jade) currently resides in the downstairs bathroom in the house!


It's a veritable Dolls' House Parade along here!


My button collection ~ vintage/novelty/new ~ is looking very organised LOL


The Frog Prince was a gift from a friend ~ she thought he was hilarious with his solar-powered eyes!  I must confess that he has grown on me 😉  Perhaps I should make him a crown to show off his royal status LOL


A little collection of vintage cotton reels, mostly "inherited" from my Aunt Mary and mother-in-law.  


I loved this vintage-style sign when I came across it ~ what a true sentiment!


I'm so lucky to have such a fab view from my craft shed 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment