Wednesday 23 December 2020

Well, that's Christmas dinner done!


We had our Christmas dinner last Friday as Beverly won't be here on the day.  She is working Christmas Eve and Boxing Day and, of course, there is no public transport on Christmas Day.  As Adrian's birthday is on the 18th we decided that would be a good day to have our Christmas dinner instead.  


So here's Adrian and I about to tuck into our very tasty (even if I do say so myself 😉) dinner ~ it wasn't until Beverly sent me the photo that it dawned on me that we didn't get a photo of her, too!  And there is Bonnie, over near Adrian, being a very good girl but hoping for a piece of the action ~ well, a piece of turkey at any rate 😄  She watched intently whilst we ate but didn't pester us for anything at the table; her reward was a tasty slice of turkey in the kitchen later.

I know that Christmas 2020 is going to be very different for so many of us but I guess we just have to make the best of things that we can.  Regardless of the Covid situation it would have been just Adrian and I (for the first time in the 38-odd years we've been together!) this year due to Beverly's shift patterns.  Because of all the restrictions, though, our friend Phil (Bonnie's "Dad") can't now travel south as he'd originally planned so we've asked him to join us 😊

Rather than having another traditional Christmas dinner, Adrian is making his yummy lasagne instead 😋  I don't think I've ever not had turkey and all the trimmings on Christmas Day in all of my 59 years!  We're still having crackers, though, with the hats that don't fit (I don't know if it's that I've got a big head or just lots of hair LOL) and the jokes that are so corny 😉  

No comments:

Post a Comment