Friday 11 December 2020

Kate & Sidney pudding...

 ...aka steak and kidney pudding 😉

I've made plenty of steak and kidney pies over the years but I kid-you-not, it must be over 30 years since I last made a pudding. For some reason we seem to have rather a lot of packets of suet in the cupboard at the moment, so I thought it would be a good idea to use some of it up! 

I stewed the meat on Tuesday, ready to make the pudding on Wednesday.  Suet pastry is simple enough to make, but I still managed to add a little too much water.  Thankfully, it's a very forgiving pastry so a good dusting of flour on the board and my hands brought it all back together again nicely.

The pudding gently steamed away for a couple of hours or so.....


and we had a portion each with a handful of chips and a pile of green beans.

Adrian was a very happy bunny as it's one of his favourite meals ~ and it was very tasty, even if I do say so myself 😋  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made a pudding for years either though I do make occasional pies. Hmm, now you've got me wishing I had some steak and kidney in the freezer. I expect lamb would work, wouldn't it? My mouth is watering looking at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I LOVE lamb ~ I'm sure it would work just as well as steak and kidney. Let's face it, what's not to like about ANY kind of steamed meaty pudding LOL

    ReplyDelete