Thursday 24 December 2020

No more digging...

 for this year, at any rate ๐Ÿ˜‰


The fruit trees we ordered from Pomona Fruits arrived a couple of weeks ago and we got them planted the weekend before this last as it was dry for a change!  It was jolly cold that day, though, and by the time I'd finished attaching them to their stakes with the tree-ties my poor fingers were frozen, as it was too fiddly trying to do it wearing my gardening gloves.  Still, they are in now and have so far stood up to the high winds we've had.  Hopefully they will be somewhat sheltered here, although the downside is that they won't get as much sun as they would had they been planted in the lower kitchen garden.  We'll just have to see how they get on.  

The last couple of plants from my J. Parkers order also arrived: dicentra Burning Hearts and dicentra Sulpher Hearts.  They are cerise and sulpher yellow respectively; I've put them in the nursery bed until next spring.


The crocus bulbs on the kitchen windowsill are really coming through now ~ I'm really looking forward to the splash of colour they will provide in a couple of months ๐Ÿ˜Š


And moving back into the warmth of the house, I thought you might like to see the blooms on my schlumbegera ~ they are so pretty and add a cheerful burst of colour during what can sometimes feel like very long winter days ๐Ÿ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment