Friday 27 July 2018

A handful of crochet ~ and a moth!

I'm currently working on an actual piece to be added to an actual artwork ~ my first ever 😲 Well, when I say working I think it would be fairer to say I've been procrastinating somewhat but I've got to get a wiggle on now as it's due in Scarborough by the 31st July!  I'll be sharing photos of my very simple offering shortly 😊 

I have done some crochet, though, since we moved up in January:


I finally got round to making another tissue-box cover for Beverly, in colours that she wanted to go with her decor.  I rather think she had decided that I would never actually it done LOL


I've had these three crochet squares kicking around for ages and since I didn't think that I would actually ever get round to making a whole blanket's worth of 'em, I decided to join them together and give them a decorative edge to make the "creation" a little larger.


It's made a practical mat to protect my dining table.  The cheese dish sits nicely on the centre square, and the other two are still on full display.


I've been using up odds 'n' sods of yarn from my stash to make another chevron blanket.  I love this pattern, it's so simple and every blanket I've made using it looks different because of the infinite variety of colours used.  This one now lives on the arm of our sofa, and is mostly made good use of by Beverly when she has a snooze!


More dishcloths, again with yarn from my stash.  The waffle pattern is one that I've never tried before and I like it very much.  So much so, in fact, that I'm thinking of making a blanket using it.  Again, it's very simple ~ and I really like "simple" LOL  

The Orkney Islands Cat Protection have just put out a plea for blankets for their cats and kittens, so I will make some for them using the waffle stitch pattern and yet more yarn from my stash.


And here is the moth, a magpie moth so I am reliably informed by folk in the Orkney Wildlife group 😊  Isn't it beautiful!  It was just sitting on the concrete path in our front garden the other week.  It was very obliging and posed for ages so I could have a good crack at taking a half-decent picture!

1 comment: