Thursday 14 January 2021

Down-in-the-dumps


Yup that's me I'm afraid, feeling decidedly down-in-the-dumps at the moment.  I do try to keep my posts on a more cheerful note but it's been hard these last couple of weeks or so to summon up the enthusiasm to do anything much.  It's not as if I haven't got things I could be doing to keep myself occupied, I just don't feel like actually doing any of them!

Perhaps it's the thought that the kids will be turning 30 at the end of the month ~ which means that I will be 60 in June!  Birthdays don't usually bother me but somehow it seems a little bit scary to find myself marching into my 60th decade.  How can those 60 years have gone by already?  I know that lots of good things have happened over the years but when I look back it's the not-so-good stuff that stands out: the disappointments, the embarrassments, the what-was-I-thinking moments, the what-if and why-didn't-I moments.  I wish I was more of an optimist, a glass half-full kinda gal, but I just can't seem to summon up those feelings at the moment.

I think we are all entitled to feel a little sorry for ourselves sometimes, so for now please excuse me while I sit in the corner and have myself a little pity-party.  I promise I will pull up my big-girl panties soon and normal life will resume. 

1 comment: