Monday 4 January 2021

Cosy...


As the temperature has dropped we've been making good use of the wood-burner most evenings these past couple of weeks or so.  We're using it more this winter than we did last, but that's because our own logs weren't really properly seasoned last year plus we didn't get round to finding a supplier.  It's only a small stove but once it gets going it throws out lots of heat and really warms up the living room, despite the high ceilings.  Some evenings it's got so warm that we've had to open the door to the hall for a while!


We had the chimney swept a couple of days before Adrian's birthday last month, and remembered to ask Ian if he could recommend a log supplier.  Adrian got in touch with the chap Ian suggested, and this bag of logs was duly delivered at tea-time on Adrian's birthday.  The guy who did the delivery was very obliging and hauled the bag off his trailer...


...and up the shared access (from about where the enormous fuchsia bush is), through the black gate here on the left, into our garden ~ all by himself!  Adrian told me that he tried to pull the bag a little to see how heavy it was but couldn't budge it even an inch 😄  


We were lucky with the weather and Adrian got it all neatly stacked in the log-store the next day.


The crocus bulbs are really coming along now; I can almost see them growing taller each day.  This window-box is looking a tad scruffy.  Once the bulbs have finished flowering I'll put clumps of them in the front garden borders, and tidy up the container.  I'm not sure how bad those cracks are but I'm sure I'll be able to find some advice on how to deal with them online LOL  I've been intending to give it a colour makeover for some time, so will give it a couple of coats of the Cuprinol Black Ash stain we've used everywhere else in the garden once I've repaired it. 


I should have taken a photo of the lovely flowers Beverly gave me when she came over for her Dad's birthday/Christmas dinner on the 18th December.  They have lasted so well!  I've cut the stems back a couple of times to keep them going for longer and they are only now on their last legs.  I do love a vase or two of fresh flowers 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment