Wednesday 17 April 2019

Better late than never!

Mum turned 80 last August and my folks came up for a week as part of her birthday celebration.  I know, I know ~ it's only taken me eight months to post the photos LOL  Actually, the photos aren't that brilliant, especially those taken indoors, as my camera was playing up somewhat so you'll have to excuse the quality! 

 
We all stayed in one of the Anderson's Harbour Cottages in Stromness ~ well, except Sam, Adrian and the dog who stayed back at St Abbs!  Beverly and I joined the rest of the family, though.  The cottage was really nice and had lovely views out over the harbour.


We had the birthday dinner at The Stromness Hotel, and very nice it was too.  We had a room to ourselves and the evening was lovely.  


Mum and Dad


Mum, my sister Amanda, and I


Mum, Sam and Beverly


Mum, Adrian and I


Mum, Amanda and our dear family friend, Liz


The beautifully decorated lemon-flavoured cake (made by Karen's Cakes) was delicious.


The flower arrangement (made by Soft Pink Flowers, which has now closed as Margaret has retired) was lovely and lasted way beyond the week my folks were up here.


The birthday girl herself 😊


Cutting the cake


Dad and Sam in the sitting room of the cottage.


Not sure what Dad was doing here ~ perhaps he'd just had his Weetabix LOL


This was taken at Skara Brae.  We had a wheelchair with us for Mum to use as she doesn't walk at all well these days, but there were mobility scooters available.  That's Mum in the pink cardigan, with Amanda, leaving Dad behind!


It wasn't the warmest of days, hence Liz's snazzy new hat ~ she and I went back inside for a cup of tea as we had both been to Skara Brae before.


The "gruesome-twosome" having a quiet drink in the cottage garden.


And that, my loves, is the sum total of all the photos I took ~ pitiful, I know!  We had a great week, though, and it was lovely to catch up with the family 😊




Mum's flower arrangement lasted really well and when the bulk of the flowers were beyond their best, I made some little posies from those which were still looking good.


No comments:

Post a Comment