Wednesday 14 October 2020

A walk around my garden

Still catching-up with my recent garden photos 😉  I took a lot of these on a somewhat windy day, so I apologise in advance that they are not as sharp as I would have liked!


This little bellflower (campanula cochlearifolia) is such a pretty flower and has had masses of blooms.  The little red berry on the left has dropped from our neighbour's rowan tree 😊


The trailing plant in the old chimney (chaenorhinum origanifolium Blue Dream ~ I think that's what it is, anyway!) is lovely but was threatening to swamp the other two plants.  I've since moved it down into the border, where it can romp away to it's heart's content 😄 

I'm so glad that I was able to find this holly before it was battered to death by the weeds wildflowers that took over it's border!  It's recovering from the trauma very nicely and makes me smile every time I catch sight of it.


The feverfew was another "rescue" and it too has come on in leaps and bounds since being liberated.  I really like the scent of the leaves and can never resist gently squeezing one for a good sniff when I'm working near it.


The fuchsia was moved from the front wall border and is growing rapidly.  I like it more or less the size it is now ~ methinks a fair bit of annual pruning is forecast for this one otherwise it will take over!


I never really think to take photos from behind the pond area but as you can see, there are plenty of plants here too.

The pond looks very different from this vantage point.  I'm really happy that the slugs seem to be ignoring the hosta ~ perhaps the frogs have kept them under control 😄

You may recall that I planted bellis in an old wheelbarrow last autumn, and moved them and the bulbs out once I'd got this pond border finished.  The bellis have flowered profusely all summer, and this plant has been particularly good.

I really like these sedum Autumn Joy.  They certainly live up to their name as they provide a lovely hit of colour now that summer has waned.


Our pond is only tiny but the purple loosestrife (lythrum virgatum Rosy Gem) doesn't seem to mind.  


My word, creeping jenny is another plant that really lives up to it's name LOL  I have to keep it in check but it has such a sweet little flower that I don't mind at all.


The mahonia is really thriving now that it is in a nice shady spot.


The astilbes have been beautiful, with their fluffy flower plumes.

I can't remember what this geranium is called but it's another plant that has settled well into the shady border.

Mrs Bradshaw is flowering again, even though the neighbouring geranium is encroaching on her little patch of ground!

This is one of the buddleias I had to rescue from the "wildflowers" in the ornamental garden.  I didn't find it's plant label, though, so I can't tell you the variety I'm afraid.  It was covered in butterflies a few weeks back.


And finally, a close-up of New Beginnings ~ isn't she just beautiful 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment