Friday 21 February 2020

One WIP finished....


.....plenty more still to be done!


You may remember that back in November I decided to make myself a shawl as part of my stash-busting exercise.  I started making it with granny stripes, but after a few rows decided that I would prefer a pattern that was less "holey".


I finally got the shawl finished last week!  It may not be the prettiest shawl on the 'net but it is snuggly and warm ~ plus I have  whittled away at that stash just a little, which is a good feeling.


Of course, there was still some of the yarn left but not enough to actually make anything with.  So I decided to simply knot the ends of the little leftovers together and wind them into a ball of "crazy yarn".  I will keep doing this with all the little odds 'n' sods of yarn as I work my way through the stash.  Eventually I will have enough crazy yarn to make something useful, and in the process nothing will be going to waste.


Beverly gave me this cute little bag at Christmas.  I am a sucker for the lovely eco-friendly shopping bags that Tesco sell from time-to-time and have collected rather more that I need for actual shopping LOL  This one, though, is really more of a gift bag rather than being suitable for taking shopping, so it's the perfect size for coralling my balls of crazy yarn 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment