Tuesday 5 November 2019

Stash busting


My yarn stash is currently residing in the guest bedroom.....and it seems to be taking up a fair amount of space in there!  My mind keeps straying to that big 'ole pile of luscious fibres, all those balls and skeins just sitting in bags patiently waiting for me to actually create something with them.  To be fair to myself, I have been good in that I haven't bought any yarn since September of last year, apart from a few balls from the charity shop to make some kitty blankets.  Oh I have been tempted, of course I have, when those newsletters appear in my inbox with the latest special offers or new yarns but I have stood strong and resisted, my lovlies ~ I know, it's amazing isn't it 😄  Truth is, it's only guilt that's been holding me back if I'm honest LOL

So I had a look though that stash of mine and much to my shame, I actually came across yarns that I don't remember buying ~ not to mention the projects that I've started and abandoned!  The time has come, methinks, to whittle that stash down and make those yarns into lovely things.  I think I have enough yarn in that bedroom to keep me going for a very long while 😉


Since the weather has turned decidedly chilly, I thought I'd rather like a shawl or two to cosy up in.  After a good rummage, I came across this lovely soft and snuggly Berroco Comfort yarn.  Now, I have no idea where I bought it nor what I must have made with it (as all but one of the balls have been used to some degree) but I thought it would definitely make a nice shawl. 


Oh, it's such gorgeous yarn to work with, so soft and smooth on the hook!  It's going to be a colourful shawl, to be sure, but will be nice and cheerful to snuggle up in during these cold winter nights that are stretching out in front of us.  Just got to decide how to use up the rest of the stash now!

No comments:

Post a Comment