Thursday 13 April 2017

I just can't stop myself!


I'm sorry if all these garden photos are starting to bore you ~ but I'm so pleased with how it's looking now that I just can't stop taking photos LOL

I emptied out the planter above and put the plants in the new border.  I just bought one new shrub to replace them, a hydrangea paniculata "Vanilla Fraise".  I moved the geraniums from the raised bed next to the planter, along with the daffodil bulbs that have now finished flowering.  The geraniums sulked for a few days but are starting to look perkier now 😉 


I can't remember what the pretty pond plant above is ~ it lives in the same little nature pool as the loosestrife.  This is the robin's favourite spot for bathing 😊


I do love hostas but haven't always been successful at keeping them safe from the dratted slugs.  These beauties are in the raised bed with the nature pool and so far are doing okay.


I thought I would have a little play with taking some close-up photos of some of my plants.  These hostas have been nibbled on a little but are still growing well.


I have no idea what any of the hostas are called ~ they were given to me by a friend who was thinning out her collection.


This is my favourite, I think it is really beautiful.


This ajuga "Burgundy Glow" is so pretty.....


.....as is this aquilegia "Ministar".


See how delicate and fragile it looks 😊


This little sedum, "Cappa Blanca", sits in the soil and virtually glows!


I was so pleased to see that the peony has a couple of promising-looking flower buds this year.  I moved it last year so it's great that it feels happy enough in its new home to flower this year.


This is another aquilegia, "Winky", which is a bigger-growing and later-flowering plant than "Ministar".


And finally (you'll be pleased to hear, no doubt!), yes, this is indeed a dandelion!  I know I should just dig it out, but the flower is so cheerful especially in this particular border which is waiting for some TLC and new plants!  I'll just have to be vigilent and dehead it before it sets seed ~ after all, one year's seeds = seven years weeds and all that 😉
signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, such a neat assortment of pretty leaves and flowers! I envy am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete