Monday 3 April 2017

Groatie Bay


Groatie Bay circa 1905
image from the collection of Mr Christoper Long,
resident of Groatie Bay


If you have been kind enough to follow me here from my previous Lavender & Pearls blog, then you will most likely be aware that one of my hobbies is 1/12th scale dolls' houses and miniatures ~ so please excuse the duplication of the next few posts!

I adore everything about dolls’ houses and miniatures!  They are fascinating, gorgeous and in my humble opinion absolutely wonderful.  I can easily spend way too many happy hours surfing the internet, reading books and magazines, drooling over the most fantastic dolls' houses and creations.

Now, I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have two half-built dolls' house kits in the dining room waiting to be finished, and yet more still in their boxes waiting to be built!  Sadly the lack of love I’ve had for my real-life home for the last few years spilt over into my once-truly-loved dolls' house collection, and building ground to a halt.  I’m feeling so much better about things now, though, that I've decided that it would be good to get things moving again in the little town I have created in my mind's eye.  It will give me some “down-time” from all the decorating, sorting and decluttering in my real life home…..plus I have been getting complaints from the dolls' house folk, who are starting to fret about their lack of living accommodation and shopping facilities 😉

My little folk (who are known as Peediekins) live in a small seaside town called Groatie Bay; if you click on the link it will take you to the page here on the blog which tells you more about them.  I have lots of little back-stories for my Peediekin friends and I am really looking forward to sharing them with you over the coming months.  I will also share the ups and downs of building and kit-bashing my dolls' houses.  I rather think, though, that there will most likely be more downs than ups ~ I just hope that I can enlist the help of some good builders in Groatie Bay!


signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture. Are the houses you are in the progress of building of the type in the picture? Looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm hoping I can "kit-bash" the houses I have to at least somewhat resemble the photo LOL

    ReplyDelete