Friday 17 March 2017

Stash busting



I have a lot of yarn and a good deal of it seems to be single balls which have caught my eye for one reason or another.  So in the spirit of continuing the sorting-out ready for moving, I decided that the yarn stash really needs to be given a serious trim!  I thought that it would be good to use up some of those odd balls making blankets for a charity, and whilst doing a search for a charity looking for blankets I came across Blankets for the Homeless.  They are looking for folk to crochet/knit squares or strips, or to donate yarn.  The squares are then sewn together by volunteers to make into blankets of about 4' x 6'.    


I found quite a lot of smaller oddments of yarn in my stash, and decided to use up those first before moving on to the single balls.  To give a bit of unity to the squares, I crocheted the last round of each one using grey yarn.  I also used the grey yarn to join the squares together, and to make a narrow border around the completed blanket.


And here is the finished article!  It may not be the most attractive blanket in the world, but was made with love and will hopefully help to keep someone in need warm 😊

signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

No comments:

Post a Comment