Friday 23 June 2017

Two WIPs, one finished and an almost-done!


I've almost finished this simple pink and white granny square blanket, which is to be a birthday gift for my Mum.  She actually asked me if I would make a blanket for her ~ I was happy to oblige!  The main colour is a very pretty sparkly yarn in an ivory shade by James C Brett; I already had the pink yarns in my stash.

I'm working on the edging at the moment, which is from Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman.  I'm contemplating adding a flat crochet flower motif to the centre of the plain ivory squares ~ I'll see how it looks once the border is done 😊


As soon as I saw Lucy's (Attic 24) gorgeous Hydrangea Stripe Blanket pattern I just fell in love with it!  I thought I would have some fun with the yarn and make a blanket for myself using James C. Brett Stonewash double knit.  It's a lovely soft yarn and will feel so nice to snuggle up in when the weather gets cooler later in the year.  I couldn't decide which of the shades I liked best.....so I bought all six of them LOL  Like I said, I wanted something fun and a little different for a change πŸ˜‰

After I took this photo I frogged the blanket ~ good job I'd only done a couple of rows!  I like to make my starting chains using a larger hook but decided that the foundation row of double-crochet would be better using the same size hook as the chains as well.  I'm making the blanket with a 5mm hook, so have started it with a 6mm.  I've also made the blanket wider than in the photo.  It's a very simple shell stitch once you get started, so should hopefully be a nice and soothing project to make.


I'm still working on blanket number three for Blankets for the Homeless, alternating a few rows of each project ~ I like to have more than one thing on the go at once LOL



And finally, here is the finished blanket I made for my sister-in-law's birthday earlier this month.  She was really pleased with it and I was happy with how it turned out, too πŸ˜Š

signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with your mother's blanket. It will be beyound gorgeous once you get the edging on. No need for something in the centers. Classy the way iy is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon! I just hope my Mum likes it as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete