Friday 5 May 2017

A stroll around the garden...

...it's only small so shouldn't take long, but there is so much to take pleasure in at the moment that I find myself lingering 😊


This bed is somewhat a tale of two halves!  I've purloined half of the plants to put elsewhere but at least the area around the little nature pool looks okay LOL  Hopefully the new plants I recently ordered will be here soon to fill it up again.


Bluebells are just so pretty.  I can't recall actually planting any bulbs to be honest, I think the originals were most likely hidden in the roots of plants I was once given and they have been spread around the garden in similar fashion!


The new hydrangea, "Vanilla Fraise", is coming along splendidly and the transplanted geraniums seem to have forgiven me 😉


The mint just keeps growing ~ can you imagine what it would be like in an open bed or border!


This is deutzia gracilis "Nikko".  I rescued the very battered watering can when I was out walking a few years ago.


I think this is helianthemum "Wisley Pink".  It is full of flower buds and is looking pretty already.  The thyme alongside has tiny little pink flowers too.  I seem to have a lot of pink in my garden 😊


I don't know what variety this helianthemum is but it too is full of buds.


I love following the progress of this peony...


...isn't that just beautiful!


This is iberis "Golden Candy".  The flowers are very pretty and the colour of the leaves just pop out of the border.


I do love aquilegias!  This is "Winky", a double in red and white.  It is such a different shape from the "Ministar" in one of the other beds.


I have no idea what this aquilegia is called ~ it just made itself at home in the garden last year LOL



I can't wait to be able to get to the border hidden between the piles of rubbish!  We will be getting Richard out to clear it away soon, thank goodness.


The new border is all planted up now ~ hurray!  


The houseleeks are looked after by the little cherub 😊


I decided to plant this ceonothus "Puget Blue" in a pot, as I'd like to take it with us when we move next year.


I can't remember which veronica prostrata this one is but the flowers are a gorgeous shade of blue.


I moved the chickens again LOL  Now they can keep their beady little eyes on what's going on all over the garden 😊
signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely envy you your garden. It looks so pretty and happy. Your peony is a lovely color - I have a white one here, but it is done blooming for the year. It will be nicer when the pile is gone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very small garden, Sharon! I've been working out there again this weekend, so more photos will be coming soon LOL

    ReplyDelete